Scaiff LLP celebrate VE Day with Children's Creative Competition
Scaiff LLP have launched a competition inviting children to get creative and celebrate VE Day, with a chance to win a £40 Hobbycraft voucher!
With children off school at the moment and with VE celebrations cancelled due to social distancing and lockdown, Scaiff wanted to offer something to bring families together and educate children on this momentous historical occasion and mark the 75th anniversary.
Scaiff are asking children to either write a poem or make a picture to tell the story of VE day to commemorate and celebrate the 75th anniversary which marks the end of the war in Europe.
The competition is being held on Scaiff LLP's Facebook page, and will end at 12 noon on Wednesday 20th May. The entry with the most 'likes' will win and receive a £40 HobbyCraft Gift Voucher for their family to spend. The voucher can be used online and they are still delivering during lockdown.
To take part, entrants must visit Scaiff's website to print an entry form and then either upload a photo of the entry to the pinned competition post on the Facebook page , or email the entry to email@example.com, where Scaiff LLP will upload your entry for you. The entry with the most Facebook 'likes' on the pinned competition post at the top of our page will win. Read full Ts&Cs below.
VE Day stories and messages will also be posted across the solicitors' social media throughout the duration of the competition.
Elizabeth Rimell, Partner at Scaiff LLP, said;
'We are really excited to launch this competition, and as a parent with children at home myself during this time, this is a great way to get families together, keep children busy and also educate them on this important historical moment that we will never forget. We are really looking forward to seeing everyone's creations!'
How to enter:
- Print out our entry form for your child to either write a poem or draw a picture for VE Day.
- Once completed, take a photo and upload the entry to our pinned competition post on our Facebook page. (If you do not have a Facebook account, you can email the entry over to us via scaiff.co.uk and we'll upload it for you).
- The entry with the most Facebook 'likes' on the pinned competition post at the top of our page will win – so please get sharing with family and friends.
The competition closes at 12 noon on Wednesday 20th May 2020 and the winner will be announced on Friday 22nd May 2020.
Good Luck and have fun!
Download the competition entry form
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is being held by Scaiff LLP, the promoter.
2. This competition is not open to any person directly involved in running the competition or any relatives of Scaiff LLP.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. This competition is open to children aged 16 and under. Only one entry per child is permitted.
5. Closing date for entry will be 12 noon on 20 th May 2020. After this time no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. To enter this competition, entrants must; email with an original design, take a photo of the entry and upload the image onto the pinned competition post on our Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/ScaiffSolicitors/ ). Alternatively, entrants can send to Scaiff LLP via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will upload it for you.
8. The winner will be the entry with the most Facebook 'likes' and will receive a £40 HobbyCraft Gift Voucher.
9. This competition is in no way associated with Hobby Craft.
10. The voucher will be delivered to the winner.
11. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
12. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
13. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
14. The winner will be announced via social media on 22nd May 2020.
15. The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
17. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
18. All entries may be shared on our social media.
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and any images they supply with the prize to be used in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant's prior consent.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.